New Track – Powering Rural Communities
- The Biden-Harris Administration is investing in increasing energy security and resilience throughout rural America. Join state agencies, energy sector professionals, and private capital thought leaders for workshops about the changing rural energy landscape and the state and federal programs available to support this transition.
New Track – Brownfields
- A one-day track that will deliver an exceptional learning and networking environment for those working to make contaminated properties economically viable for reuse. Topics include brownfields funding, housing and redevelopment, environmental justice, and community partnerships.
- Eight sessions designed as an introduction or refresher for environmental professionals representing regulated industries, agencies, or the consulting community.
Beyond the Basics
- Technical sessions for those who want a deep dive into topics such as PFAS, vapor intrusion, data management, air quality, RCRA, and more.
- Trending topics that range from the complex to the controversial: Sackett v. EPA Decision, ESG, Environmental Justice, and artificial intelligence.
- A broad range of vital issues across multiple sectors. Climate, energy and infrastructure; infrastructure permitting; and emergency planning & response.
Hear from three of our region’s leading companies as they share their stories of environmental excellence. Presenters include Lacy Ogan, director Of communications & public affairs, Pacific Seafood; David Harvey, director of environment, health and safety, The Greenbrier Companies; and Jocelyn Bridson, director of environment & community impact, Tillamook. Moderated by Fabio Dworschak, special counsel, Miller Nash.
Oregon Department of Energy
Janine Benner serves as the Director of the Oregon Department of Energy. Janine joined ODOE in 2017 as Assistant Director for Planning and Innovation and was confirmed by the Oregon Senate as ODOE’s director in February 2018. Janine came to ODOE from the U.S. Department of Energy, where she served as Associate Assistant Secretary in the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, and as Deputy Assistant Secretary in the Office of Congressional and Intergovernmental Affairs. Janine also spent 12 years working for Congressman Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), as Energy and Environmental Policy Advisor, Legislative Director, and Deputy Chief of Staff. She grew up in Portland, OR and has a degree in history from Princeton University.
Director, Oregon Operations Office
US EPA Region 10
Anthony Barber has been with the US EPA Region 10 for 26 years. For the first 12, he worked in air quality, site remediation, and hazardous materials emergency response. He worked on many interesting projects, such as helping to lead the cleanup of weaponized anthrax in Washington, DC. For the last 16, he has been the EPA’s Oregon Operations Director in Portland, working across the spectrum of EPA’s mission. During those years he has also filled in for long periods as the Washington Operations Director and the Regional Human Resources Officer. Those additional duties continue, as he is currently filling in as the Deputy Director of the Office of the Regional Administrator. He holds a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering and a professional engineer’s license in environmental engineering, among other education and credentials. His duties include managing the overall EPA relationship with the state, tribes, other federal agencies, and local governments in Oregon. He also serves as EPA Region 10’s executive lead on forestry and long-term disaster recovery issues and as Co-Chair of the Regional Science Steering Council. In 2015 and 2016, he served as the Chair of the multi-agency Oregon Federal Executive Board. Before EPA, he worked at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, served for seven years in the U.S. Navy in nuclear engineering, and is a Persian Gulf War Navy combat veteran. He currently serves as the State Chaplain for the Oregon Department of the Veterans of Foreign Wars. He and his wife also own and operate Shared Harvest Farm near Portland, raising and selling vegetables, poultry, eggs, honey, goats, and pigs.
Meet the Regulators
The Washington State Department of Ecology, Idaho Department of Environmental Quality, and Oregon Department of Environmental Quality will kick off Business & The Environment with the opening keynote panel on Day 1. Hear the latest information in a lively discussion moderated by Laura Kerr, Stoel Rives LLP.
Stoel Rives LLP
Idaho Department of Environmental Quality
Washington Department of Ecology
Oregon Department of Environmental Quality
- ALS Global
- Alta Science & Engineering, Inc.
- Anderson Environmental Contracting, LLC
- Blaine Tech Services, Inc.
- Center for Creative Land Recycling
- Clean Earth
- CleanWay Environmental Partners Inc.
- Clean Harbors
- Clear Creek Systems, Inc.
- Clear Water Services
- Columbia Laboratories
- CWT Training Academy
- D.A. Davidson
- Enthalpy Analytical
- ERIS - Environmental Risk Information Services
- ETEC, Inc.
- Eurofins Environment Testing Northwest LLC
- Field Environmental Instruments, Inc.
- GrayMar Environmental Services, Inc.
- The Greenbrier Companies
- Heritage Environmental Services
- Holocene Drilling
- Holt Services, Inc
- JRW Bioremediation
- The L & R Group
- Landau Associates
- Montrose Environmental Group
- MP Environmental Services, Inc.
- Oregon Department of Environmental Quality
- Pace Analytical Laboratory
- Patriot Environmental Services
- Republic Services
- River City Environmental
- SLR International Corporation
- SoilFreeze, Inc.
- SoundEarth Strategies, Inc.
- Stego Industries, LLC
- Trinity Consultants
- United Rentals Fluid Solutions
- VLS Environmental Solutions
- Washington State Department of Ecology
- Yellow Jacket Drilling Services, LLC